Feed My Starving Children Volunteering - Mesa
|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
1345 S. Alma School Road Mesa, AZ 85210 (map)
Let's jump start November with a volunteer project at Feed My Starving Children in Mesa.
This month we are focusing on fighting hunger, and this organization does just that!
Won't you join us in packing bags of grains and rice, and boxing them up. It is easy to help, and all ages Kinder and up are invited to join us. (Sorry no toddlers)
To join our group, click this link, create an account,and then RSVP: https://www.fmsc.org/join-group?joincode=WD7YEK
We have 25 volunteer spots reserved.
Please email Kimberly Young with any questions at email@example.com.
Additional Policy Reminders:
Jewelry Policy: to comply with FDA requirements, no jewelry is allowed in the general food packing area. Please remind your group to not bring or be prepared to remove all necklaces, earrings, watches and rings (wedding bands allowed). In addition, medical alert bracelets may be worn.
Ratio: students to adults if bringing a school/youth group
- Grades K-2nd: 1 student to 1 adult
- Grades 3rd-6th: 3 students to 1 adult
- Grades 7th-9th: 4 students to 1 adult
- Grades 10th-12th: 5 students for 1 adult
This ratio is important in helping us make sure we have enough adults for packing jobs that are required 18 and over; as well as enough supervision for groups of kids/youth. This is an FDA requirement. Thank you for complying with our jewelry policy and ratios (if applicable).
Other General Info:
• If someone has been sick (ie. Nausea, vomiting, fever) in the last 24-48 hours, they can’t pack food with us
• No food, drink, bags, purses, etc. are allowed in the packing area. We have lockers that people can put items in.
• We use Soy as our protein source. It is an allergen. If someone knows they are allergic to Soy, we can have them label bags and not pack at a table.
• We ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of your packing session. This gives time to check-in on the computers, grab a hair net, remove jewelry and find a seat prior to orientation.
• Children need to be at least 5 years old to be back in the packing room/at the tables. If you are bringing children younger than five, we can set them up with adult supervision, in our orientation room to label our food bags.
It is not a requirement to donate to pack food with us. However, when you are here, you will have different opportunities to do so. Our food partners around the world who are distributing the food only pay for shipping costs. All the ingredients for the meals are paid for through donations and items purchased in our Marketplace here.
Here are a few examples of donation opportunities:
• M&M tubes ($2 each or $10 for 10). These tubes can be brought back full of quarters (pays for 40 meals) and we give another M&M tube for free
• $38 feeds 5 kids for a month
• $88 feeds one child for a full year
• $365 feeds a family of 4 for a full year
• $1,866 pays for one full pallet of packed meals (7,776 meals)
We accept Credit/Debit Cards, Cash and Checks.
We look forward to having you join us for a fun-filled, impactful packing session. Let me know if you have any questions.